Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Weirdest Awesome Event Though Mudder...

I've participated the world's most difficult parkour, Though Mudder.

Tough Mudder will punish you, no matter your shape, size, or current level of fitness. As such, we encourage all Mudders to increase their physical training in preparation for the event. That said, completing a Mudder is as much about mental toughness, grit, and camaraderie (and having a great time) as anything exclusively physical. In terms of what you are looking at: each Tough Mudder course will have 10-12 miles of hills, mud, water, ropes, walls, electric shocks, and fire designed to push you to your limit. Want more? 

Err.. I was really thinking I was ready and trained. remember? I bike everyday!!! I pull-up & sit-up every day!! Grr.. When we started running after climbing a wall, I realized with the cramps that I never run...I do not like to run. Only 5-10 maybe 15 minutes, just because I like the city at night. That's all..


I whined a lot!! and they gave the t-shirts in the end, I didn't know I pledged for it... :)  and.. I  remember saying "I had no fears before now I have a lot" 

I've stopped all my team because of my cramps, and to breath... It happened not more than 10 minutes later the race started.. Can you imagine how I was shocked & embarrassed . I never thought it could happen to me before.. I'm the monkey and the adventurous, I can do anything!! And all these almost 20 people were waiting for me to go. (great team ever) 

I learned how to breath in saying "I can" and exhale saying "do it".. I did run.. Controlling my mind and breath.. I could panic so easily, but I didn't. Now I wish I didn't take it so serious, and just walked slowly..


The first obstacle was a liquid that you should dive in and get out from the other side.. Problem: it's not water, full of ice, and minus 15 maybe... not ice cold, way much colder.. I remember I was saying: "I'm not ready, and I'm never gonna be ready for this." But, I had to jump, tones of people were so interested with completing the parkour so they were in the line.. I jumped, and my plan was holding my breath and dive-in.. Problem, it was so freaking cold that I couldn't breath in.. Can you imagine?? You just want to breath once to move on, so you can survive but you can't.. So with this panic feeling I could hear my mind saying, don't breath, just close your mouth and dive in. And that's what I did. And when I could climb up, the only thing I could do was screaming the shit out of me!! :) (I liked saying that)

Oh my boy.. 

Running and crawling in mud forever, I was still trying to control my mind for running, trying to not panic, while my lovely girl inside me was telling "WHAT THE HECK YOU'RE DOING HERE??????!!!" "All of these crazy people paid to get mud??!!!"

But I didn't stopped. I kept going. I climbed, I jumped, I added some photos from the official site below.

Shortly, after 9th miles, I went on a bit more, but because I kinda broke my finger (I'm still not sure if it's broken or not) and my knee got hurt (it still hurts weirdly after 4 days) I STOPPED. In the end, all of the point about Though Mudder is to finish the parkour -the 12 miles- and getting your band, T-shirt and beer, and I had to stopped. I felt bad-guilty, but at the same time relaxed.. I always hurt myself cause I'm not really careful about my body. 

Well, I got the T-shirt, band and beer tho :) So please pretend I did finish this creepy awesome parkour..

I loved it at first minutes, then I hated it.. hated so badly that I thought I was in a nightmare.. a nightmare that I wanted to wake up.. wake up in my warm safe bed.. Now.. After 4 days later, I'm missing it... Once my finger and knee get better, I'll join again (like 2 years later probably..)

It's such a life-full activity!! And a great team work.

No comments: